To record your name greeting:
- Press the Voicemail button (envelope icon). FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS, USE A ‘1’ IN FRONT OF YOUR EXTENSION.
- Passcode by default is 12345# (if you haven’t already changed it).
- Press 3 for greetings.
- Press 2 to record your name. If you have concerns about using your last name (i.e. Customer Service Dept.), please feel free to record using your first name only.
To record your full voicemail greeting:
- Repeat above steps 1 through 3.
- Then press 1 to record your greetings.
- Press 2 to record your UNAVAILABLE greeting.
NOTE: The UNAVAILABLE GREETING is the greeting that will automatically start to play if you cannot answer your phone. There is no need to set up the “Busy Greeting” or the “Temporary Greeting”.
Below is a generic voicemail template. Again, if you have privacy concerns, use your first name, or your first name and job title.
Sample Voicemail Recording:
Hi, you’ve reached the voicemail for ________________. I am unavailable to take your call at the moment, so please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message and I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you and have a great day.